Saving your money, recovering your time, and restoring your well-being, your divorce doula & divorce coach is a lifeboat in the storm of separation. She serves as your partner before, during and after this challenging time - a time that can be very difficult to navigate on one’s own.
Your divorce doula & divorce coach provides personal coaching, strategic planning and expert guidance to meet your full range of practical and emotional needs. She educates and prepares you to work effectively and efficiently with other specialists such as lawyers, accountants, or mediators to ensure a more economical use of your money, time, and emotional resources.
- Enjoy support and education for mediation, litigation and parent coordination. From financial statements to parenting plans and separation agreements, receive help to prepare for meetings with your divorce professionals.
- Plan strategies to adapt to the changes that you and your children are undergoing as your family structure changes.
- Learn techniques to imagine positive outcomes and how to realize them, and for saving your money and recovering your time.
- Get prepared for mediations, meetings with your lawyer or divorce professional so that you can walk in with a succinct and organized agenda.
- Get assisstance with the preparation of financial statements, parenting plans and separation agreements
Helping you to organize your documents and fill out paperwork.
- Restore your emotional well-being.
- Get empowered to separate and divorce in a positive and graceful manner.
- Have for yourself a crutch, a sounding board, a friend and a partner.
- Be provided strategies to adapt to a new status quo as your family structure changes.
- Get help with exploring a new outlook and experience of life, so that it includes an increased sense of wholeness, connection, purpose, mindfulness, optimism, and joy.
Lynn Kaplan brings a myriad of life experiences to her role as Divorce Doula & Divorce Coach. Originally from Los Angeles, California, Lynn always enjoyed challenging boundaries. She steeped herself in art and animals, nature – threads she has woven throughout her life. Her travels took her through art school, to a kibbutz in Israel and finally to Toronto. Here she developed a deep commitment to working with young people and their families, and helping them to discover their spiritual and emotional potential.
Her involvements have included opening a successful business, Whimz Live Animal Programs, which provides children and adults with a unique hands-on opportunity to learn about animals and their habitats; founding an arts-based Jewish Heritage Program; establishing and facilitating the Toronto branch of the Mother’s Circle, which provides support to interfaith families; has served as a foster parent for Jewish Family and Child Services. Lynn parents as a single mother to a daughter and a son.
Lynn brings to the table an open, warm, direct style, and a nonjudgmental approach. In her own life, she has worked at turning obstacle into opportunity, and she motivates her mediation clients to do the same.Lynn’s formal training and qualifications include:
Family Arbitration, Cooperative Solutions, Toronto, 2011
Family Mediation, Alternative Dispute Resolution Certificate, York University, Toronto, 2010
Circle Work Training, Peacebuilders International, Toronto, 2010
Family Law, Cooperative Solutions, Toronto, 2010
Domestic Violence Screening, Cooperative Solutions, Toronto, 2010
P.R.I.D.E., Training to Foster Parent, Jewish Family and Child Services, Native Family and Child Services, Toronto, 2009
Bachelors of Fine Art with Distinction, California College of Art, California, 1985
Associates of Science with Honors, Santa Rosa College, California, 1982